Most business owners often wish that there were just a few more hours in a day so that they could get done those few little tasks that always seem to slip to the wayside despite best intentions. However, the real solution to this could be the idea of really assessing the productivity levels in your office and do your absolute best to make sure that your small business management style is consistent with productivity. Here are some tips to help you make each day as productive as possible.
More productivity doesn’t mean extra hours
Despite what a lot of the TV shows or books may have us believe, being more productive as a business is about fixing what isn’t working in any office and optimizing what is working. Both of those things mean increased productivity in both the short- and long-term.
- Delegate (no, seriously): For better productivity, everyone around you needs to be involved. Instead of overseeing everything yourself, delegate tasks and even management of those tasks to your co-workers who you know you can trust. Not only will you find that your presence wasn’t needed, it’ll free up time for something else that needs your attention.
- Invest in the proper equipment: Sometimes you may not want to fork out the cash ahead of time for the proper equipment or tools that your business needs. Many put these off waiting until they make more money. However, there are many tools that will allow you to free up time and bring more productivity to your business.. While it may seem like a significant amount of cash ahead of time, it will always pay off in terms of productivity. For example, using shopVOX will enable your shop to better manage sales, quotes, jobs, projects, invoices and projects. Therefore, investing in shopVOX increases productivity greatly.
- Make time for positive words to those around you: We all feel a little extra zing of energy when we get positive feedback. Even if its just a quick chat over the coffee maker, or a quick note of thanks for the hard work, share positivity around you and you’ll find overall productivity on the rise.
- Discourage multi-tasking on the job: Some large corporations think multitasking is the way to go, but you’ll find your small business to be much more efficient and productive if you encourage single task working instead. Not only will more get done at the end of the day, it’ll also get done to a much higher standard.
- Prioritize self-care around the office: Bad days happen to the best employees. You’ll find productivity to be closely linked to self-care, even if it’s harder to track. Encourage mental health days and be gentle when someone is having a bad day — especially if that person is you. Workers are humans, not robots, after all, so you’ll need to manage your expectations with that in mind.
In order to be successful, small business management is modern, honest and realistic. These tips will give your office the little bit of extra productivity that you’re going for and you’ll be surprised that it has nothing to do with how many hours are in a day!
For more helpful tips to better organize and run your business, our team created a great eBook for you. Download it now.