Hi there –
We’re looking for the right people to fill our shopVOX coach position.
As a shopVOX coach you’ll help signups go from “Help me – I’m new!” to “Man – shopVOX is awesome!”
- You’ve worked in a sign shop, print shop, screen printing shop, or similar company – so you’ve got first hand industry experience. You speak the “same language” as our customers.
- You’re a doer. A self-starter. You’re comfortable taking charge of a loosely defined project – asking for clarification when you need. You like to move fast and experiment often. Occasionally that means you’ll be asking for forgiveness, instead of permission.
- You communicate effectively. And when in-doubt you over-communicate. You’re comfortable talking with teammates and customers in different channels – chat, email, phone, or web conference.
- Details are important. You realize that small details like the wording in an article or the removing an un-necessary step in a long process can greatly improve a customer’s experience. In the industries we serve, small details make or break companies.
- Helping out is your default mode of operation. You like talking with and solving problems for customers all day long. But you’re also eager and ready to help a teammate with a task or offer your expertise for a new project.
Members of the shopVOX team on our last retreat in Austin, TX
- For the past 7 years, we’ve been helping sign and print shops run their businesses more effectively with web based software.
- We serve the Digital / Offset Printing, Vinyl Signs / Large Format Printing, Electrical Sign / Service, Decorated Apparel, and Awards / Trophy industries.
- We believe in small teams. Small teams move quickly and get more done. Less management – more results.
- We’re a small company. Everyone on our team has the opportunity to make a big impact – both on our company and our customers’ lives.
- We’re bootstrapped and profitable. We have ZERO debt and no outside investors – so there is no outside force guiding our decisions. Our only shareholders are our customers.
- Our entire team works remotely. We believe this is the future of work. You’ll be measured by your output – not how many hours you spend in the company office.
Everybody works super hard here 😉
What you might do
- Work hand-ons with new sign up to guide them through our 5-step implementation process
- Write a detailed, how-to article on how to correctly setup pricing for a vinyl sign inside shopVOX (complete with annotated screenshots)
- Help customers with any issues – large or small – via on our online chat support tool
- Plan and develop educational content aimed at helping new shopVOX sign-ups get started
- Keep meticulous notes on your interactions with customers – and report your feedback and findings with your team leader
- Conduct online training webinars and demos to train customers remotely via GoToMeeting
- Fly out to a customer’s shop across the country for 5 days to setup, train, and implement shopVOX for them (all expenses paid – of course)
- Jump on a 30 min phone call with a customer – because the issue is better solved through a real conversation – than email or chat.
Our entire team works remotely – so you can work from South Africa, South Carolina, or from a beach in Mexico.
As long you’re an effective communicator and you’ve got a fast, reliable internet connection – we’re all good.
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Flexible schedule (we understand that life sometimes doesn’t fit neatly in a 9-5 box
- Annual retreats to awesome destinations (the last two? San Fransisco, CA and Austin, TX)
- 10 paid holidays off
- 2 weeks paid time off
- Health insurance allowance
You’ll get to work with awesome print and sign shops in the US and around the world.
How to apply
This is simple.
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why would you be a good fit for this role?
- Tell us about the last time that one of your customers experienced an issue.
- Which 3 of our sample tasks (listed in the form) MOST excite you?
- Which 3 of our sample tasks (listed in the form) LEAST excite you?
- Write up a brief plan for how you would onboard a new shopVOX user on their first day.
- What do you do for fun?
Last – please wait for us to reply. We reply to everyone – even if it might not be a good fit.