Facebook is a great tool for building a fan base for your custom sign shop. Building a fan base can help you build your business because the more people who hear about your products and services, the better chance you have at more sales. Building a fan base on Facebook takes time, effort and a smart plan. Here are some tips to help you get started with how to post on Facebook.
- Research: What you share is most important. Facebook is all about content. If you want to attract people that are interested in your products and services, you need to figure out what interests them. Research what appeals to them.
- Create content to share: Start a blog on you website and create content that is appealing to your target market. Tips on cleaning signage, how to take care of signage, design ideas, how shopVOX helps you manage your shop better and deliver products on time, or suggestions for building their business are often great articles to appeal to your market. Create collages of your work. Create images that represent what you offer. Create videos. Get creative. Then, share it on Facebook.
- How often: How often you share matters. If you share too little, people lose interest. If you share too much, people get annoyed. Know your audience. Test and see what works for you.
- Don’t over-promote: If you are constantly trying to sell your products and services, many people will stop following you. However, it’s perfectly fine to promote your products and services every few posts. That is expected of a business Facebook page.
- Promote in subtle ways: Since you are a custom shop, you can often share your products. Fans love visual shares. So, if you create a very unique and cool sign, like Signarama of Naperville’s monument sign in this article, make sure you share it. Show off your talent. If people are attracted to your style of work, they will follow you and will be interested in your work.
- Use images: People love images. We are visual creatures. In fact, Facebook posts with images had an amazing 2.3x more engagement than those without. Plus, you are in a visual industry. Image is basically everything you are about. So, use images to capture attention. Make sure they are high quality.
- Make your posts positive and upbeat. You have an image to protect. So make sure you keep it positive and upbeat. Insulting politicians or degrading other businesses is not something recommended for business pages. You can lose the business of many people if you do so. People want to connect with businesses they can trust.
These posting tips will help you get started with your posts on Facebook. Come back next week and we will share one more article that will help you with getting more visitors and fans to your Facebook business page.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter for more business tips and to not miss an article that we share!
Joanne Cipressi is the Content Marketer and Director of Social Media at shopVOX inspiring business owners to better manage their careers, employees, customers, projects, production, invoicing, and all other areas of their management needs through tips and motivation.