We know that you’re already busy with your t-shirt business, so we’ll just cut right to the chase: are you looking for some tips to help you get your business booming?
If so, you’ll find that website marketing is the way to go. A key part to that, as you likely already know, is SEO. While it is often seem as this big scary monster that no one really understands, it’s actually a great aid — when using it correctly. Don’t have time to read 15 books on SEO? We’ve got you covered.
Quick tips to give your T-shirt business an SEO boost
Since you have no time to lose, take a look below for some helpful, do-able and quick tips that will help you enjoy better SEO with little effort. Since there’s a lot of competition out there, you’ll need to make sure that you are doing your part to keep up and, ideally, pull ahead! Every little bit helps.
- Make sure you’re using t-shirt-related tags: You’re probably already doing everything right about using tags and keywords in your descriptions for your logos or the central theme of your t-shirts, right? However, are you actually using t-shirt-related tags themselves? As in, the actual tags of “t-shirts”, “tee shirts”, “tees”, etc? Those are integral when people are searching online and it will help search engine crawlers understand better what your store is about — which always works in your favour.
- Multiple vs single: When it comes to those t-shirt tags, too, you’ll want to make sure that you aren’t missing out on hits due to singular vs plural. Use both and then learn from your data to see what people are searching for more.
- Use Google’s predictions to help you get the right keywords: If you’re struggling to come up with the first round of keywords to use, go to Google and use their predictions. Then go to Baidu and Yahoo, etc, and do the same thing! Since they’ll start to predict what you are typing based on what other people have been searching, it’s like free information on keywords (particularly long-tail phrases).
- Don’t forget images names and alt text: Images names are prime SEO material, so name your images to match their graphics and other keywords. Also make sure that you are using alt text on those images to give yourself more SEO opportunities.
- Avoid duplicate content: It’s surprisingly easy to get duplicate content for t-shirt businesses, particularly because you are listing the same materials and fit information on each product page. Make sure that each description is free from duplicate content by hiring a professional to write your descriptions for you. It will pay off in the bet possible way.
Website marketing is not an exact science by any means. This is especially so when it comes to SEO and keywords. These tips, however, will help you get more traffic quickly and permanently. The best part is, this can be used retroactively and as you move forward for even better results!
For more tips to improve your company’s website and other areas of your t-shirt business, download our free eBook: