Art proof approvals are vital in your custom business. This is the moment when you either receive the okay to move forward to complete your customer’s project or if you need to go back to the drawing board.
Sending proofs to your customers for approval can be frustrating if you don’t have a proficient and effective system in place. Here are some tips to help get you started: High-Quality Monitor. By now, we hope your designers are creating their proofs on high-quality monitors that display color and brightness values correctly.
- Make sure your monitor collaborates properly. You want to be able to have the widest ranges of color tones possible.
- Upload your proof via an image format. The best formats are typically .jpg and .png.
- Provide a realistic mockup. If the design is for a t-shirt, send the proof on a t-shirt. Likewise, if the design is for a baseball cap, provide the proof on a baseball cap.
- Display both sides next to each other. It’s best to lay out the front and the back on the same image. This offers a better idea of what the product will look like.
- Use the t-shirt mock-up tool. ShopVOX provides a free tool where you can easily create proofs. This tool is Adobe Illustrator based, so you don’t even need to open up Photoshop.
- Provide online proof approvals. Online proof approvals make it easier for customers to approve or not approve your design.
Here’s a free t-shirt business toolkit for you: